In Fall, homeowners have a great opportunity to take care of the small things around the house that can make a big difference in how you live.
Most of these tasks that will be listed should be easy enough for an average person’s ability.
- First and foremost it is important to check your gutters and downspouts because they could be clogged with leaves that have fallen. Clogged gutters are one of the major causes of ice dams.
- Checking your windows around the house and caulking them will help keep your house better insulated. Openings around your windows can cause water to get in and freeze which could result,in cracks and mold buildup.
- Inspecting your roof is a very important job because your roof is your number one defense in protecting your home. Check for missing or loose shingles and make sure it is in good shape.
- It certainly is a good idea to give your furnace a check up before it starts to get too cold. Avoiding a last-minute rush when the temperature starts to plummet.
- A general cleanup is always a good way to keep your house organized and clean. Cleaning up around furnaces and heating appliances is a great place to start!