Many people who have health insurance can also purchase supplemental dental insurance plans. To some, dental insurance seems like something that’s avoidable. The problem with not having dental insurance is that a serious problem can arise quickly and cost you a great deal of money. Having dental insurance helps to protect you against this.
Do you keep putting off getting dental insurance? Here are five reasons why you cannot afford to avoid dental insurance plans.
- It's actually affordable! Many think dental insurance is just too costly. However, for most families, it pays for itself every year by reducing the out of pocket costs for dental care.
- The cost of a cavity is simply too high. Cavities are one of the most common ailments people face. If you have them, the out-of-pocket cost for this type of service can top $500 or more. With an insurance plan, your cost may be a fraction of this.
- It keeps you motivated to get preventive care. Many plans cover preventive care for your teeth. This means you are more likely to go in for a routine checkup and cleaning than if you were to pay out-of-pocket for it.
- You may avoid costly dental health concerns. If you don't get in to see your dentist, you may be more likely to experience risks such as the buildup of plaque, enamel loss, and gum disease. These ailments are very expensive and can lead to costly problems later.
- You need emergency care from time-to-time. Maybe your tooth chipped. Or you have an exposed nerve. There is no way to prevent these instances from occurring, and without insurance, the cost can be very high.
If you need health insurance with dental coverage, find a plan that fits your needs and reduces your costs. When you do, you can remain confident that affordable dental care is available. As a result, you can have a healthier, brighter smile and more money in your pocket.
Are you covered? Call Mitchell & Mitchell Insurance Agency at (888) 512-8878 for more information on San Jose dental insurance.