Our agency has a question for you: Are you quitting smoking, cold turkey? If this is the case, good for you! Why are we asking? May 31st is No Tobacco Day. In light of this day, we thought it would be a great idea to encourage smokers across the state of California to nix the nicotine.
If you are worried about HOW you will quit smoking, have no fear. There are a number of tactics out there. This week, we have a few to share with you.
• Tell your friends and family to hold you accountable to your goal. They are sure to support you!
• Find an oral substitute. Gum or hard candy may be good enough to keep cravings at bay.
• Keep yourself busy by getting active or picking up a new hobby.
• Reward yourself as you continue to stay strong. Milestones are important to celebrate and will remind you of all your hard work!
• Have your teeth cleaned and/or whitened for a new, fresh smile.
• Drink plenty of water to help flush toxins out of your body. It may also help with cravings.
• Clean your home to get rid of reminders (ashtrays, lighters, etc.) and rid of the smoke smell.
Remember: If these tips do not help you or seem to be working, keep researching and trying! There are a number of ways to quit and even support groups that may help keep you on track. Whatever you do, remember not to give up.
Our agency would also like to share this with smokers: Quitting may also lead to a lower life insurance premium. Decreasing your term life insurance premium may be as simple as putting out the cigarette, since it will improve your health and lower your risk of an early death. To learn more, please contact our agents. Good luck!