Call Us Now 888.512.8878

If your employee gets hurt on the job, they are covered under Workers’ Compensation Insurance.

But what if they cause property damage or bodily injury to a 3rd party in a car accident?  Your employee first files a claim with their personal auto insurance to cover this because auto insurance always follows the car. However, you as the employer are also legally liable since the employee was running an errand for your business. If their personal auto limits are used up, additional coverage can be found in your Business Owners Insurance policy but only if you have "Non-Owned Auto Liability".  Check your policy now to make sure you have this valuable and necessary coverage. Not sure? Give us a call at 888-512-8878 and we’ll tell you if you’re properly covered.

Please note that any damage to your employee's car would be covered by the employee's personal auto insurance if they cause the accident or covered by the other party's auto insurance if the other party is at fault.

By Gustavo Ruano, CIC, CLCS, CISR

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
CNA Logo
The Hartford Logo
Travelers Logo
Anthems Logo
Blue Shield of California Logo
Guardian Logo
Kaiser Permanente Logo
Golden Eagle Insurance Logo
Mercury Insurance Logo
Chartis Logo