Call Us Now 888.512.8878

Business Personal Property versus Tenants Improvements & Betterments

Most people know that when you lease an office you need to insure all of the property you bring to that office that will be used in your business.  This is covered under "Business Personal Property".  We often see this required in lease agreements.
But did you know that coverage for "Tenant Improvements & Betterments" should also be covered in your Business Personal Property limit?  Improvements & Betterments can include but are not limited to: "adding/upgrading new flooring", "adding/updating new cabinetry", "adding/upgrading new lighting", etc.  We often see this required in lease agreements as well and in most cases even if the Landlord made improvements on your behalf, they still require you to insure it.
Now would be a good time to review your lease and property limits to make sure you are adequately covered. Contact our office today at 888-512-8878.

By Gustavo Ruano, CIC, CLCS, CISR
Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
CNA Logo
The Hartford Logo
Travelers Logo
Anthems Logo
Blue Shield of California Logo
Guardian Logo
Kaiser Permanente Logo
Golden Eagle Insurance Logo
Mercury Insurance Logo
Chartis Logo