Can you believe it is already spring? This week, many people are celebrating Passover and others are celebrating Easter on Sunday! Whatever holiday you are celebrating, you may be in need of a great recipe for the family parties and gatherings around this time of year. Our agency has just the recipe for you! Here is a wonderful and easy recipe for Almond Lavender Cake.
• 2 cups sugar, divided
• 1/2 cup almonds (slivered)
• 1 tbs plus 1 tsp dried lavender flowers, divided
• 1 cup soft butter
• 4 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 8 oz sour cream
• 1/4 cup half-and-half
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 4 tsp boiling water
• 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
• Preheat oven at 350 F.
• Start by greasing a fluted tube pan and coat the inside with sugar. Set aside for later use.
• In a food processor, combine almonds and 1 tbs of lavender – process until ground.
• In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffed. Then, beat in the almond mixture until fully combined.
• Add the eggs to the mix, one egg at a time. Beat well after each addition.
• Beat in vanilla extract.
• In a small bowl, add sour cream and half-and-half. Add flour, baking soda and salt.
• Add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mix – beat well!
• Pour mix into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
• Once done, let cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
• To make the drizzle: Combine water and remaining lavender into a small bowl. Cover and step for 5 minutes total. After 5 minutes, strain and discard the lavender.
• In another small bowl, add confectioners’ sugar and lavender water to your desired consistency.
• Drizzle and serve!
This recipe surely screams SPRING and REFRESHING! We hope that you have enjoyed it and have a wonderful time with loved ones this week and weekend.