Super Bowl Sunday is only a few weeks away! Will you be watching the game with friends and family? Many of you may even be hosting your own party at your place on February 3rd. If this is the case, our agency has one word for you: safety.
It is no secret that football fans tend to get rowdy, especially when it comes to the Super Bowl. If you do not prepare for the ruckus and for your guests arrival, you may find yourself facing an issue much sooner than later. As a homeowner, you will be 100% responsible for all injuries and accidents on your property. To play it safe on game day, you should remember the following:
• Clean your home (clear walkway, clean rooms that guests will be in, put away fragile items, etc.)
• Child-proof, if kids will be in attendance.
• Make sure your television is bolted to the wall well enough or on a sturdy table. You wouldn’t want your rowdy friends and family to cause damage to it.
• Keep a close eye on the oven or stove when cooking, no matter who is calling you into the other room.
• If you are grilling, keep children and pets away from grill and KEEP IT OUTSIDE! Never grill indoors or on the porch.
• Keep an eye on guests who are drinking alcoholic beverages.
• Serve plenty of snacks and food along with alcoholic drinks.
• Never let intoxicated guests drive themselves home.
If any accidents or injuries occur in your home, you will be responsible. Fortunately, following the tips above may help you reduce the likelihood of an accident.
If you are interested in looking over your home insurance policy or possibly purchasing an umbrella for your coverage, do not hesitate to contact our agents at Mitchell and Mitchell Insurance Agency. We would be more than happy to speak with you.