Money saving secrets? You’ve heard right! At Mitchell and Mitchell Insurance Agency, we understand that homeowners are constantly looking for ways to save on monthly bills and expenses. This week, we have a few secrets to share about saving on your home insurance premium. Affordable home insurance is not impossible to attain – you just need to know how to save!
To start saving, consider these tips below:
• Ask your agent to raise your deductible to reduce your monthly premium. Those who pay more out of pocket once the time comes to file a claim may notice a reduction in their premium – up to 25%!
• Invest in better safety and security systems in your home. This may mean investing in an alarm system, detectors, sprinkler system and more. You may also want to consider upgrading your “storm safety” features (storm shutters, reinforced roofing, etc.) If your home is seen as “low risk,” you can expect a discount!
• Bundle your insurance policies with the same agency to save on all premiums. You may want to bundle auto and home or even auto, home and life.
• Remain a loyal customer to the same agency and you could be awarded a loyalty discount.
• If your credit score affects your premium, you may want to work on improving it. Always ask your agent if this is a factor and how you can improve.
If you have not given the options listed above a shot, now would be a good time to do so. Our agents want to see you save, whether you are saving on personal or business insurance solutions.
If you are a homeowner and would like to learn more about the possible discounts you could be benefitting from, please do not hesitate to contact our agents today. We would be more than happy to fill you in.