When you own a business, it is only natural to cut costs when necessary. It is important to save as much as possible in order to stay afloat! In terms of insurance, it is never a good idea to cut coverage all together – but you can save on your premiums.
When is the last time you checked in on your business insurance policies? Plenty can change in a year, especially in terms of insurance. Some of these changes may even result in a lower premium. This week, let’s focus on workers compensation
Here are a few situations that may call of a lower premium:
• You have improper employee classifications. Always double-check! You could be dishing out more than need be.
• You have implemented a solid hiring and training process. May result in a discount!
• You have improved safety and reduced risks in the workplace. Such initiatives should be voiced to your agent. He or she may give you a break.
• You have developed a workers comp claims kit.
• You have invested in safety seminars for employees and/or health and wellness programs.
• You have added a “designated medical provider” to your policy.
To learn more about the ways you can save on your workers compensation, please reach out to our agents at Mitchell and Mitchell Insurance Agency. We would be happy to share our advice and tips with you, and of course, provide you with a free quote. Please give us a call at 877-747-8705, today!