Contractors & Artisans Insurance
Artisan Contractor E&O and Pollution Checklist
If you answer “YES” to any of these questions, you may have an E&O exposure and will need coverage.
1. Are you an artisan or specialty contractor with the responsibility to perform construction services?
As a contractor, you have a workmanship exposure that is not covered by general liability or traditional professional liability policies. Coverage applies to property damage to, loss of use, or recall of work performed by you.
*This coverage is only applicable to artisan contractors and is not available to general contractors.
2. Do you install products in the course of your construction services?
This coverage extends to the property damage to, loss of use, or recall of products installed by you.
3. Do you provide in-house design with construction responsibility?
This coverage applies to the design services performed by or on behalf of you so long as
you subsequently perform the construction work.
4. Do you subcontract design services to other parties and self perform the construction work?
You can be held vicariously liable for the negligence of any architects or engineers you hire
as subcontractors. Vicarious liability coverage is provided in this coverage so long as you subsequently perform the construction work.
5. Do you provide value engineering services?
When you make value engineering suggestions, you are offering your professional opinion and can be held legally liable for that advice.
6. Have you had water intrusion, mold, asbestos, silica or respirable dust concerns in the past?
Our policy can provide coverage for these risks.
Schinnerer’s Artisan Contractors E&O and pollution policy is tailored to your unique exposures. Get a General Liability or Workers Compensation quote toady!
Minimum premium: $3,200 for E&O only; $4,200 for E&O and Pollution combined
Limits: Up to $5 million
SIR: Minimum $3,000 with 0% co-insurance
Availability: In all states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories (U.S. Virgin Islands excluded).
Covers faulty workmanship of your work
Covers the use of defective materials or products in your work
Covers negligent errors or omissions by you or on your behalf in the design of your work